United Reformed Church

Middle Lambrook

August 2010

 

*

England * Millard * Taylor

*

The Hamlet

The Manor House

***

The present chapel was built 1729, but was founded in 1668.  The congregation previously worshipped in an adjoining cottage - maybe the one to the right of the chapel as it has a number of memorial stones set in the wall.  The grounds of the Chapel are considerably higher than the adjoining cottages and one has to wonder about the damp seeping through the cottage walls!    Note the mounting block to the right of the gate - to assist mounting and dismounting from a horse or cart/carriage.

Somerset Churchyards & Cemeteries